After graduating from IE, I moved back home to NJ. Shortly after returning, I was hired as an Associate at Forefront Communications Group. Seven months after joining, I was promoted to Account Executive. Working for a PR and marketing firm, my responsibilities range from traditional reporting to managing clients' websites. Other responsibilities include:
● Handle all administrative tasks for clients, including agendas, actions, client coverage, activity reports, and more
● Manage WordPress CMS of Forefront's and clients' websites to share content, keep information updated and maximize SEO
● Develop and design communication materials using Adobe Creative Suite
● Manage clients' social media accounts, including all content and graphic development
● Create and manage clients' conference, speaking engagements and awards calendars
● Track and analyze digital and traditional media analytics for quarterly and yearly reports
As a Corporate and Marketing Communication graduate from IE's School of Human Sciences and Technology, in ten months I completed over 25 courses in five modules: Strategic Communication, Business and Management, Global Digital Strategies, Business Analytics and Research Methods, and Marketing. The program also included a final consulting project.
My team and I worked for Motorola Spain to develop a communications strategy to increase awareness and engagement among the younger Spanish smartphone market. Our project received the Weber Shandwick Award for Best Final Project.
I started at Aspectus PR in July 2016 as an intern and was brought on full time as an Assistant Account Executive in September. After 10 months as an AAE, I was promoted to Account Executive. I worked on anywhere from 7 to 9 clients at a time in sectors ranging from cyber security, nonprofit, financial services and more. During my time at Aspectus, I
● Handled press lists, client coverage, and activity reports
● Managed proactive and reactive media opportunities
● Developed thought leadership content for trade and top tier publications like CNBC and
● Secured media opportunities and content placement in publications like Bloomberg, The Chronicle of Philanthropy and Barron's
● Crafted social media posts for cybersecurity and nonprofit clients as well as for Aspectus' Financial Services Twitter: @FinServices_PR
● Increased our nonprofit client, ImpactUs' twitter presence by 62% in 6 months
● ImpactUs was recognized as part of The Case Foundation's 50 Impact Investing
Influencers You Should Follow on Twitter
● Researched new business targets, contributed to proposals and pursued potential
● Led office-wide pro-bono project for Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue
UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA
During my college career, I worked hard to find opportunities that would prepare me for a successful career as a communications professional. I was involved with UA PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America) and was accepted into Capstone Agency, UA's student-run integrated communications firm, the spring of my junior year. After returning home from studying abroad in Barcelona in 2013, I was hired by the company I went abroad with to act as an ambassador for the company for my entire junior year. My junior year summer I interned with NewBeauty Magazine and truTV in New York City. I finished my college career continuing to work for Capstone Agency as a media relations strategist, interning for The University of Alabama Adapted Athletics Department and also writing for the first student run magazine on UA's campus, Alice.
At Capstone Agency, I was one of two media relations strategists for our client, Higher Education Partnership (HEP), a nonprofit organization that advocates for higher education funding for the 14 public universities in Alabama. Working for HEP, we created the HEP STARS handbook for students who advocate for HEP on their campuses, a competitive analysis of their competitor, Alabama Unites, and a full plans book to show the work we did during the 2015-2016 year.
University of Alabama Adapted Athletics Department
My responsibilities as the communications intern for the Adapted Athletics Department included increasing awareness of department through 18+ articles published in five different media outlets in a three-month period. I was in charge of all coverage for the women's wheelchair basketball team. I assisted in the "Night of Champions" weekend long basketball tournament held at UA.
Throughout my time at PRSSA I was involved in the publications committee and the public relations committee. Within both committees I researched and wrote blogs to be posted on the UA PRSSA website and also created materials using Adobe design products to promote the organization and events.
As one of the founding members of Alice Magazine, I researched and wrote for the lifestyle column.
CEA (Cultural Experiences Abroad)
My time abroad in Barcelona with CEA was one of the most memorable periods of my life and as soon as I returned home I applied to be an ambassador. As an ambassador, I promoted CEA on UA's campus and on social media. After one semester as an ambassador I was promoted to senior ambassador. As senior ambassador I was in charge a group of eight CEA ambassadors across the country and held bi-weekly meetings to get updates and brainstorm ideas.
As the publicity intern for truTV, I monitored news coverage of truTV and its talent. I compiled and edited a list of 500+ press targets for 2015. Part of my internship included pitching truTV shows to print outlets for coverage in summer television previews. For the summer long internship project, my team created and executed designs for truTV's e-commerce store. We presented merchandising and social media marketing plans for said products to network executives.
I interned with NewBeauty Magazine for the month of May during the summer of my junior year. Working for NewBeauty as an editorial intern, I researched various topics for blog posts and celebrity interviews posted on NewBeauty.com. During this time, I wrote, contributed and edited four published articles. I designed creative content for product dissemination in Photoshop and also wrote copy for NewBeauty's Facebook and Pinterest accounts. In addition, I assisted on video shoots, which included running sound, script supervision and assisting the camera crew.